Price (ex GST)
September 21, 2023
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
HR Essentials Programme
A business is built on the performance of its people. If you want to get the best out of your people, you need to get the foundations right. This six module programme will help make sure the core building blocks of your HR practices are legal and rock solid, so that your business is set up for success.
- Are you a business owner or manager looking to build your human resource management knowledge, skills and experience?
- Do you want to increase your human resource understanding to reduce risk in your business?
- Do you have HR responsibility or HR aspirations and want to develop a strong foundation of HR practices?
This six module programme (delivered fortnightly) is led by seasoned HR professionals with years of industry experience, our HR Essentials programme is designed to empower you with the most up-to-date knowledge and best practices.
Who should attend:
Business owners, people managers, HR practitioners, staff responsible for HR within the business, businesses with no dedicated internal resource, HR staff who are new to NZ, aspiring HR practitioners.
- Overview of the core human resource practices and process in NZ
- Key legislative requirements for employing people in NZ
- Essential human resource skills and practical techniques
- Understanding HR fundamentals: Gain a solid foundation in essential HR concepts, including employee lifecycle management, employment law, compliance and HR best practices.
- Recruitment: Learn how to develop effective strategies for attracting, hiring and retaining top talent.
- Development: Discover the importance of sound induction and onboarding procedures, key performance management practices and how to keep your employees engaged through training and development planning.
- Management: Reduce risk in your business by learning how to improve performance, managing disciplinary processes and conducting robust workplace investigations.
- Exit: Understand the different pathways employees leave your workplace including medical incapacity, redundancies and abandonment. Learn how to conduct successful exit interviews and the benefits of best practice.
Module 1: Thursday 21st September 2023
Module 2: Thursday 5th October 2023
Module 3: Thursday 19th October 2023
Module 4: Thursday 2nd November 2023
Module 5: Tuesday 21st November 2023
Module 6: Thursday 7th December 2023
Your workshop facilitator will be: Beverly Birnie
Could your team benefit from this workshop?
All our workshops can be tailored to best meet the needs of your staff and your business. Hold it at yours, or hold it at ours – what works for you, works for us. Discounted team pricing available on request.
Management Capability Funding available now!
This training can be funded if you are approved for funding!! Everest People are pleased to offer a range of training programmes and workshops which are subsidised up to 50% of cost using the Regional Business Partner Network Capability Development Fund. We can help you through the funding process, it is quick and easy!
Call one of the team at Everest – we’re here to help!
Bookings are closed for this event.